Now that we’ve shown you how you can utilize The Center as both your ceremony and reception venue, we’re here to advise what types of questions you should ask us! Deciding on a venue is one of the first wedding steps that’s going to set the tone for the rest of your planning and décor. If you decide on a space that has flower-patterned carpet and pink walls, chances are you’re going to have to find decorations that match with this venue’s color scheme. Or if your venue has blank walls and hardwood floors, you can let your imagination run wild and choose the décor that best represents you and your groom as a couple (hint, hint).
With the venue being such an important decision (in our eyes, anyways), we decided to let you in on a couple questions you should ask that often get overlooked! We are basing these questions off of The Knot’s “Complete Guide to Weddings.” This is a 434-page book that lets you in on everything you need to know about weddings and a book we eat, sleep, and live by.
- While this first question is a bit more obvious, it’s one of the most important ones to ask: is your date available? If you have one date in mind that you absolutely HAVE to get married on then you need to first ask if that date is open.
- One major question, that is important to us, is asking about the insurance policy. We require a Certificate of Insurance from every outside vendor working on our space. This acts as additional protection towards the bride and groom. While insurance and legal structure isn’t typically on the mind of every bride, it is something one should address!
- Always be sure to ask your ceremony venue about setting a time for your rehearsal. Often times, this wedding event gets overlooked and leaves the bride and groom in a panic when just weeks before their wedding they realize they haven’t set a rehearsal time with their venue.
- The Knot also suggests asking the venue if there is a private room where the bride and groom can get away from all the hustle and bustle of their reception. With the entire spotlight on you all day, it’s nice to have a place to go to and relax, even if it’s for just a few minutes!
- Where can guests park? The Center is in the heart of Downtown Cincinnati, which many may think could cause parking problems. Don’t fret! We have a number of guest-friendly suggestions for parking and we would be more than happy to recommend them to you!
- Are you able to hang décor from the walls/ceilings? While looking for your venue, you might not take into consideration the physical requirements of the décor you’ve been dreaming of. Always be sure to ask us about any décor you would like in the space.
- You should also ask what is included in the rental fee. Make sure you have a clear understanding, prior to booking your venue, of what the venue provides and what you will need to rent from other vendors. Along with this question, you should ask how set up and tear down time works. This is often a confusing matter and we want to make sure everyone, including outside vendors you are working with, are all on the same page!
- One question that is crucial to making a reception happen is how is the alcohol going to be provided? All alcohol must be purchased through The Center on a per bottle charge. This often cuts down your alcohol cost since you do not include those who won’t drink in the guest count!
Want The Center to provide detailed answers for these questions? Call us at 513-824-7274 or email us email@example.com. We would love to have you in for a tour!