We love showing off our wonderful staff members at The Center! This week we are highlighting another vital member of our team! Whether you have an upcoming event at The Center of if your are a part of ‘The Center’s Event Alumni,’ odds are you have probably met our peppy Event and Conference Booking Coordinator, Paula! Paula has the role of guiding potential clients through the booking process.
Paula excels in creating a client experience as unique as The Center itself. Her extensive experience in the hospitality industry makes her the perfect person to ease your mind of booking headaches and envisioning your event in our space. She completed her Externship at Walt Disney World Orlando in Ohana’s Restaurant at the Polynesian Resort, so you know she’s the right gal for your event needs! We hope you enjoy learning about her adventurous and one-of-a-kind life as much as we did!
A graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Las Vegas with a degree in Culinary Arts, Paula has a tremendous love for cooking. Someday, she could even see herself as a restaurant food critic! This would be a perfect fit since she loves dining out with friends and family as well. When she’s not out tasting the delicacies of our city, Paula loves entertaining and honing in on her culinary skills, pulling inspiration from the Food Network (or just about any cooking show). While cooking shows are her forte, she considers herself a News junkie and binge watcher of the Hallmark Channel from time to time.
As a Cincinnati native, she loves taking long walks along the banks of the Ohio River to take in the fresh air, the people, and the sights. In her spare time, Paula enjoys being very active in the local community and her church. The church she attends keeps her quite busy! She’s involved with the coordination of all 40 ushers, and plays an active role in a number of its steering committees. During the holidays, Paula looks forward to serving as the casting director for the church’s annual Boar’s Head Festival now celebrating its 78th Annual!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Paula:
- I recently reconnected with my dear cousin and his wife. They just completed the “The Rose Family Tree” which features 3 generations of family history. It was so much fun learning about our predecessors and reminiscing.
- I once played an extra in the Cincinnati Opera “Tales of Hoffman”. The costumes were beautiful and the performance was absolutely stunning.
- I am a 1st Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- Vacationed in Egypt where I actually rode a camel and took a steamboat up the Nile River!
- I have lived in 6 different states in the U.S. (Ohio, Florida, Georgia, California, Nevada and South Carolina) and 10 different cities (Portsmouth, Dayton, Cincinnati, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, Atlanta, Santa Monica, Las Vegas and Greenville). What an experience!
We are so thankful to have this spirited Event and Conferences Booking Coordinator as a part of our team and we know clients feel the same! Her years of experience and passion for the event industry make her such a delight to work with! Be sure to leave Paula a few comments! We know you’ll love her as much as we do!