We love showing off our wonderful staff at The Center! This week we are highlighting one of the oldest members of The Center’s team, our Event and Services Assistant, Kayla! Whether you have an upcoming event at The Center or if you are part of ‘The Center’s Event Alumni,’ odds are you have probably referred to Kayla as your event planning lifesaver!
Kayla is not only a miracle worker with our brides while planning their events, but she is also a recent newlywed herself! Her wedding was a beautiful garden theme full of bright flowers, colorful linens, and overhead bistro lights. It was absolutely breathtaking! All that time spent planning weddings at work definitely paid off when planning her own!
Kayla graduated from Bowling Green State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Tourism and Event Planning. She is one of the oldest veterans at The Center and has been with us for over three years! As our Event and Conference Services Assistant, Kayla works with clients throughout their entire planning process. She is extremely knowledgeable and is always happy to give her advice, recommendations, and helpful ideas when you need them the most! Kayla is especially personable, thoughtful, clever, and kind-hearted. She has a passion for working with brides and thrives off of helping them bring their dream wedding to life. “I love seeing each unique event come together and being able to make our bride’s wedding planning process virtually stress-free!”, says Kayla. No wonder clients love her!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Kayla:
- I am a vegetarian and can offer great advice on what to feed your vegetarian guests!
- When I am not at The Center, I am coaching Women’s Rugby for the University of Cincinnati. I played in college and once I moved back, I wanted to continue to pass along my love for the sport.
- I walk 1.2 miles to work every day from my home in Mt. Adams. Now walking back home… is another story!
- In 2011, I backpacked across Europe for 6 weeks and visited 15 cities in 7 countries. I had 1 week’s worth of clothes and this was before everyone had an iPhone so I became a master at navigating paper maps.
- I am obsessed with bright colored flowers, textured linens, and events that are unique to the couple’s interests!
We are so thankful to have this sweet Event Assistant as part of our team and we know clients feel the same! Her years of experience and passion for helping brides achieve their dream wedding makes her such a delight to work with. Be sure to leave Kayla a few comments below! We know you’ll love her as much as we do!